Indigestion is the main cause of gastritis.fast eating of meal without or less chewing, heavy meals and excessive intake of alcohol, stress, anxiety, intake of strong drugs causes gastritis.that will cause heart burn, pain in abdoman, excessive burping, puking or vomiting, nausea or dificulty in releasing gas.everyone has gas and removes it by passing through burping or through rectum.basically gas contains carbon dioxide, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and some time methane also.the odor comes from the bacteria situated in large intestine.
WHAT CAUSES GAS:
• SWALLOWED AIR- It’s a common cause of gas in stomach.every one swallow little or small amount of air while eating or drinking rapidly.chewing gum and smoking cause somepeople to take in more air.burping is the way most air is swallowed in and it contains nitrogen , oxygen, and carbon dioxide leaves the stomach.
• Normal breakdown of undigested foods by harmless bacteria present in large intestine-when body unable to digest, the undigested food passes from small to lare intestine where harmless bacteria break down the food producing hydrogen,carbon dioxide and methane.these gases are exited through the rectum.
• FOOD CAUSES GAS: CABBAGE, BROCCOLI,SPROUTS, ONIONS,APPLE, CUCUMBER, PEACH, PEARS, FOOD RICH IN CARBOHYDRATES AND SOFT DRINKS ALSO CAUSE GAS.
FOR GASTRITIS HOME REMEDIES: • Drinking of waterwith few drops of mint essence gives relief from gas.
• Lime juice with soda water helps in releasing gas.
• Ginger tea after meals aids in promoting digestion.
• Flake of garlic swallowed with water empty stomach helps in gastritis.
• Soaking meethi dana in water in night and take it in morning helps in gas.
• Spoon of carom seeds (ajwain) with bit of salt are very effective for gas trouble.
• Black salt (kala namak) ½ gm, nausadar ¼ gm, ajwain 1gm, mix all together , and take a pinch of that powder with water help in releasing gas.
• Intake of old lemon pickle works very good in gas.