PILES otherwise known as hemorrhoids are enlarged, painful veins in your rectum. It refers to a condition in which the veins around the anus or lower rectum are swollen and inflamed. Piles arise from the increased pressure of internal or external veins around the anal canal. Piles are both internal and external.Internal hemorrhoids, unless they are severe, cannot be seen or felt.External hemorrhoids can be seen around the outside of the anus. Although uncomfortable and embarrassing, it is not normally a serious condition.
Common Causes of Piles
Low fiber diet
• Chronic constipation
• Anal intercourse
Signs and symptoms
Hemorrhoids usually are present with itching, rectal pain, or rectal bleeding. In most cases, symptoms will resolve within a few days. External hemorrhoids are painful, while internal hemorrhoids usually are not unless they become thrombosed or necrotic.
The most common symptom of internal hemorrhoids is bright red blood covering the stool, a condition known as hematochezia, on toilet paper, or in the toilet bowl. They may protrude through the anus. Symptoms of external hemorrhoids include painful swelling or lump around the anus.
Causes A number of factors may lead to the formations of hemorrhoids including irregular bowel habits (constipation or diarrhea), exercise, nutrition (low-fiber diet), increased intra-abdominal pressure (prolonged straining), pregnancy, genetics, absence of valves within the hemorrhoidal veins, and aging.
Other factors that can increase the rectal vein pressure resulting in hemorrhoids include obesity and sitting for long periods of time During pregnancy, pressure from the fetus on the abdomen and hormonal changes cause the hemorrhoidal vessels to enlarge. Delivery also leads to increased intra-abdominal pressuresSurgical treatment is rarely needed, as symptoms usually resol.
FOR PILES HOME REMEDIES
• Banana with butter milk is a very nice remedy for piles .
• Peel pomegranates and add them in water, boil it, and when cools down, take twice in a day.That water helps in removing piles.
• Applying of mustard seed oil (sarson ka tel) on piles area also works good .
• Sit in bath tub for ½ hour filled with cold water helps in piles.
• Radish (muli) is very helpful in curing piles.regularly eating muli or intake of its juice works good on piles .
• Intake of 10 ml of onion juice mixed with spoon of sugar for the next 15-20 days works good in piles.
• Drinking butter milk with half spoonof turmeric powder helps in curing piles.
• Regularly eating khazur (dating dates), papita, kishmish helps in piles .
• 9 take 3-4 neem leaves with water to get relief in piles.
• Extract juice from tamarind flowers and take it regularly helps in curing piles.
• Avoid spicy items, oily items, non veg, dry fuits and tea etc.